THE ARTS: INDEPENDENT ANIMATION
The good ship Arethusa battles terrifying creatures from deep in nightmarish seascape - but is the real monster at her helm..?
Monsters Ashore was a promotional video created to accompany the headline track on the album ‘Here on Earth…’ by The Singing Loins. As a director, timelapse/green screen photographer, animator and editor, I led a creative production team and produced several of the key sequences. I also worked as compositor for the siren sequences in collaboration with a 3D CG animator based overseas.
FESTIVALS & SCREENINGS: FAM Festival, USA, 2013; Glastonbury Music Festival, UK (2015); On tour with the Groovy Movie Solar Cinema 2015, various festivals in UK (2015).
- ROLE(S): Director, animator (stop-frame/digital cut-out)
- TECHNIQUES: Timelapse, pixilation, digital cut out/motion graphics
- SOFTWARE: Stop Motion Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Audition
- OTHER SKILLS: Storyboarding, character & environment design, green screen & timelapse camerawork, compositing, editing.
Other production team members:
Make-up artist/illustrator - MORE
Michaela Czech: 3D CG modelling/animation - MORE
Ellie Dickens: Illustrator/2D animator - MORE
Sylvia Lim: Location assistant - MORE
Patrick Murphy: Green screen/location assistant - MORE
Dan Wylie: Video camerawork
The Singing Loins - music/briefing concept
- VIEW BLOG | DIRECTOR PROFILE | MORE | NEXT>>